Datacom, Inc. is an experienced provider of EZProxy hosting services for Medical, Educational, and Commercial services.
- Dedicated Windows Server Hosting (Configured for EZ Proxy)
- Server Hosting and Leasing
- Dedicated IP Authentication services
- IP Authentication Services
What is EZ Proxy?
EZproxy helps provide users with remote access to Web-based licensed content offered by libraries. It is an easy to setup and easy to maintain program. More than 2,500 institutions in over 60 countries have purchased
- The industry leading, robust middleware solution for remote user authentication.
- It connects to a large number of content providers (including OCLC FirstSearch, EBSCO, Gale, etc.)
- An easy to setup and easy to maintain program
Datacom, Inc does not provide the EZProxy license. To
obtain a license please visit EZProxy order page.
- EZproxy works by dynamically altering the URLs within the Web pages provided by your database vendor. The server names within the URLs of these Web pages are changed to reflect your EZproxy server instead, causing your users to return to the EZproxy server as they access links on these Web pages. The result is a seamless access environment for your users without the need for automatic proxy configuration files. EZproxy only alters references to your database vendors' Web pages, so if your database vendor provides additional links to other free Web pages on the Internet, these are left as-is. In this manner, if your users elect to follow one of these links, the EZproxy server is automatically taken out of the communication loop.
- EZproxy maintains a standard Web server log file of usage. Using standard Web log analysis tools, you can evaluate which databases are being used remotely and use these statistics to help justify your budget
- requests for database licensing
DataCom is not affiliated with
OCLC or EZProxy